Taking a trip to the coast is all about fun and adventure. Whether you are on vacation or live in Jacksonville homes there are loads of things you can do, even if you don’t plan to get wet. Here is a list we’ve compiled just for you. Although all children seem to love being on the beach, sometimes you need to have … See if you can find a pebble or shell with a ready-made hole in it, to string on a … and take it home to dry completely before trying to remove any clinging sand
1. Sit and Relax. Simply doing nothing is super enjoyable, especially if you have a stressful job.
2. Eat an Amazing Breakfast. Instead of a simple “continental” breakfast, go for the hearty and delicious that you don’t get that often. Try biscuits with sausage gravy, Hash brown casserole, Cinnamon Raisin French toast with bacon, Raspberry Banana pancakes, or deluxe omelet.
3. Go Shopping. It is super fun to explore the little shops off the coast. Jacksonville beach has man fun places to explore like clothing boutiques, cool souvenir shops, art galleries, jewelry shops, etc.
4. Check Out Cool Places. See what historic sites are around and go explore. At Jacksonville, you can see the Mayport lighthouse from the village of Mayport and get some pretty epic pictures. You can also catch a ride of the St. Johns River Ferry or peruse the beautiful Cummer Museum and Gardens.
5. Investigate Local Restaurants. It is so delightful to find amazing food at a unique place. Roy’s Jacksonville Beach Restaurant serves some of the best seafood and sushi around. For more American food, The Metro Diner can’t be beat.
6. Meet New People. Whether you are hanging out on the sand, by the pool, or on your hotel balcony – engage in conversation with the folks nearby. It’s fun to hear where people are from, what there favorite restaurants are and just be involved in friendly chatting. You may even make a new life-long friend.
7. Find New Treasures. It’s fun to search the sand and beach rocks for fun shells, rocks and souvenirs. You may even find a star fish or new creature – be careful not to get pinched by a crab!
8. Take a Stroll on the Beach. Nothing beats just walking along the coast and letting the wages crash over your bare feet. This is especially enchanting to do at night. Bring a flash light and you can look for shells and ghost crabs.
9. Enjoy the View. Note everything that you see. It’s fun looking at the waves, the folks playing on the beach, the umbrellas, unique wood beach chairs, para-gliders, kite fliers, and even the clouds. It may be the perfect time to jot what you see and what you’re feeling into a journal.
10. Listen to all The Sounds. Take some time and just pause to listen. Note the relentless yet mild notes of the waves crashing on the shore. Somehow it’s so magically comforting, powerful yet gentle, and riotous yet appeasing.
Beach life may be focused completely around the water, but swimming in the ocean isn’t vital to enjoying a vacation to the coast, although it does at a whole new dimension to it.