30 Organization Tips
An organized area creates a happy environment. Organizing seems like a pain, but it provides a sense of fulfillment once it’s finished.
1. Don’t leave cans stacked on a shelf, install a can rack in a drawer.
2. Hang a small ladder sideways on the ceiling and use it as a drying rack.
3. Use a bin that has five drawers in it as a way to organize your kids’ clothes for the week. Label the drawers after the days of the week.
4. There’s no need for clutter under the sink, hang supplies on a tension rod for quick access.
5. Throw old Christmas lights in a jar and use it as a nightlight.
6. Don’t throw clothes under the bed, sort them, then put them into bins. Afterwards, put them under your bed. Who said under the bed isn’t a good place to put things?
7. Put books on a stepladder and use it as a bookshelf.
8. Create a charging station to keep electronics in one place.
9. Put remotes in a holder so they never fall down the couch.
10. Install a hanging rack in the kitchen for pots and pans.
11. Place things in the refrigerator on a turntable to free up space.
12. In-drawer knife trays save space on the counter.
13. Place spices on top of a cake stand to save space.
14. Put bathroom accessories in cups to keep toothpaste stains off of the counter.
15. In a shared bathroom, create separate drawers for each person.
16. Drawer dividers tidy up small spaces.
17. Place extra toilet paper in a tall glass vase.
18. Keep all your recipes you print out in a folder in one of your kitchen cabinets for quick access.
19. Organize clothes by activity (casual, business, etc.) to create easy access.
20. Expandable folders save space.
21. Alphabetize DVD’s.
22. Place car keys on a table upon entry of the house.
23. Buy a shelf to put shoes in to have space for them; no need for them to be around the house.
24. Don’t plan in advance, plan backwards! It’s easier to see how to reach the end goal.
25. Discard old things in the refrigerator.
26. Split the pantry into sections; such as spices, cereals, etc.
27. Put a coin jar in a central area of the house so nobody has to go money-fetching in the couch.
28. Write down the children’s chores on a whiteboard, make them mark it off when they’re done.
29. Use a tie rack to organize the mail, no more counters covered in white envelopes.
30. The last and easiest organization tip is to throw out everything that is never used!
Visit http://pinterest.com/pin/317433473705590431/ for more information.