The Energy Star® certified kb homes, available for purchase in select communities around the country, are built to save you money and energy. Two things that help preserve the green of the planet and the green in your wallet. Through smart systems that help to manage lights and electrical usage, water-wise appliances and fixtures, and high efficiency heating and cooling units, your home is working for you, even while you’re relaxing in it.
Benefits of High Efficiency Heating
So, what are the benefits of high-efficiency heating and cooling? Are they more expensive? And are they worth the cost?
- 30% less fuel consumption=money saved
- Quieter operation (no more rumbling furnace sounds to wake you up!)
- Tax credits are often available for energy efficient heating units
- More even, consistent heating throughout the home
- Programmable thermostats-which gives a homeowner more control
- Longer lasting
- More environmentally responsible due to the lower amount of wasted fuel
- Extended warranties are usually available
- Increases the resale value of your home
The bottom line for many homeowners is cost. They may want more efficiency, but if they can’t afford it they may not see it as a priority. The best way to look at high-efficiency costs is to see it in a similar light as preventive medicine. It’s always cheaper to eat well and exercise than it is to pay for expensive prescriptions and doctor bills later. An energy efficient furnace will cost you more upfront than an inefficient one, but you will pay much more in electrical and gas bills over the lifetime of the furnace. A high-efficiency furnace pays for itself over time and as you watch your lower heating bill you’ll see that it’s worth your investment.
See how Energy Star homes are designed to save you money.
See how to assess your home and make it more efficient from Energy Star here.
Feature image from energystar.gov