If you are like most people, you have busy days full of stress and sometimes find it hard to sleep at night. Maybe you’ve tried everything and still struggle to get all those Z’s.
Of course you need a good mattress. One at Sleepys that fits your body’s needs and passes the reviews.
Next though, are some gadgets that may help you get a longer nights rest as well. Below are some ideas and tips to help.
For a better night’s sleep:
1. Temperature: Keep your room temp from 60-68 degrees.
2. Sleepwear: Invest in comfortable and breathable sleepwear. Fabrics similar to sporting wear are good.
3. Sound machine: Often “white noise” helps you sleep and even distracts you from other noises that may keep you awake. If you don’t want to invest in a sound machine, try a simple fan by your bed.
4. Pillows: A foam pillow with memory foam has been found to give the best fit for your head without giving you that kink in your neck the next morning.
5. Fragrance: Try spaying your pillow with lavender mist, or even use a few drops of lavender essential oil. Maybe even take a bath with this essential oil before bed. Lavender is known to relax and help one drift off to sleep.
6. Sleep Mask: Put on an eye mask or even a sleep mask that wraps around your whole head. This not only blocks your eyes but your ears as well and won’t fall off at night.
7. Wireless tracker: They make sleep trackers that can track how long you sleep and when you are awake. This is great for determining if you really are getting enough sleep.
8. Sheets: Have all natural fibers in your bed sheets like cotton is best. Also the higher the thread count, the more comfortable the sheets.
9. Alarm clock: Two different ideas for alarm clocks is one- the Wake Up light which wakes you up slowly by get brighter and brighter 30 minutes before you are to wake up. This simulates a sunrise and is a natural wake up. And two- the Talky alarm clock with rolls off your night stand and beeps causing you to chase after it waking you up in the process.
See this video clip from the Today Show for ideas and demonstrations of many of these gadgets: http://www.today.com/tech/8-gadgets-help-you-sleep-better-tonight-1C8709314