If you look at the decor in the livingroom, family room or bedrooms of your Milwaukee home and decide that you’re going to move the furniture around a bit, you might be disheartened but not surprised by the appearance of dents where chairs and coffee tables and pianos have been standing on your area rugs Milwaukee. They could have been just sinking their little lion’s paw feet into your rugs for years and of course the longer they stood there the deeper the dents. Old dents are known to be notoriously tough to get rid of. What’s the remedy?
One remedy is ice.
• Take an ice cube and stick it in the dent.
• Let it melt.
• The fabric of the area rug will soak up the water and swell up.
• After the ice is completely melted and the water dry, fluff up the area with your toes.
• Vacuum it. The dent should disappear.
Though the ice should work, another technique is to iron the dent out.
• Take the rug from the floor and turn it upside down.
• Place an ironing cloth over the area of the dent on the backing.
• Iron with a hot steam iron.
• Remove the cloth from the backing and replace the rug.