From the wonder of a Narnia wardrobe to the adventure of a pirate ship bed, you can find all kinds of awesome ideas to create magic and excitement in your child’s kbhomes bedroom. What could possibly be cooler than living in a treehouse? A warm and comfy treehouse bed in your very own room! Not only does this make your child’s room feel magical, but lofted beds are a great use of space – store clothes or toys underneath!
21 DIY Ways To Make Your Child’s Bedroom Magical
1. Carve out the back of an ordinary wardrobe, place it in front of the entrance to a room, and you have the passage to Narnia!
2. Or just paint a wintry forest mural on the wall and attach an old-fashioned lamp.
3. Cover up the outlets with Alice-in-Wonderland style doors.
4. Cut out Peter Pan’s shadow and place it over a lamp shade.
5. Make the bedroom entrance the brick wall from Platform 9 and 3/4.
6. Turn an ordinary storage closet into a hobbit home.
7. Take an old chair and make it one fit for Mad-Hatter.
8. Turn an ordinary doorknob into a talking one.
9. Hang up a flying ship made out of thread, cloth, cardboard, and newspapers.
10. Make a teepee fit for Tiger Lily.
11. Transform a chest of drawers into a bottomless suitcase.
12. Take a broken umbrella and turn it into a fairy chandelier.
13. Or hang Christmas lights behind sheer curtains for a luminescent effect.
14. Just hang two smaller mirrors above a larger one to evoke everyone’s favorite mouse.
15. Build an indoor swing.
16. Paint a mural that replicates a window looking onto Victorian London.
17. Create the floating rose from Beauty and the Beast.
18. Build an indoor tree house.
19. Paint a chalkboard wall the kids can hop into.
20. Hang up some fluffy clouds and play airplane.
21. And if you’re really handy, make this pirate ship bedroom, complete with a bridge and rope that descends into the closet.
Full article with pictures right here