With Christmas right around the corner and beautifully wrapped gifts under the…..uh-oh you forgot the tree? We can help you decorate your tree in a snap giving it the home style you want. You will be the talk of the neighborhood. How to Decorate a Christmas Tree Elegantly.
Anyone can throw some lights on a tree, but a beautifully decorated Christmas tree can light up the holiday spirit.
Choosing The Perfect Tree
Your tree is your canvas, think about Bob Ross and his happy little trees. He painted so many varieties. The same applies to Christmas trees. What type of tree are you looking for? Do you want a real tree smelling of classic pine? Or the fake trees that can last year after year? Whatever you do decide to go with, think about these suggestions on getting the tree that is right for you.
- Look for a well rounded tree. When looking at a real tree make sure the branches look full and not a lot of holes or spacing are in the tree. Look for a tree that is symmetric and will taper up towards the top. If getting a fake tree, look into spreading out and bending the branches to make it look full, and not a Charlie brown tree. This will help ensure it to look like a real tree.
- Get the right kind of tree stand. You don’t want your tree to fall over because you have the wrong size stand. Also think about how much water you will need to help the tree survive the Christmas season and not wither away. Make sure to fill with water after the tree is already in the stand.
- If a artificial tree is what you seek, think about investing in a pre-lit tree. It will cut your work in half. Many artificial trees now come in sections rather than individual branches.
Choose a Theme For Your Tree
Choosing a specific theme for your tree helps it come alive. Whether you go with a vintage classic, or an updated modern look. It will really add to the overall effect of your tree. Other things that may help you are:
- Specifically themed ornaments can transform your Christmas tree from dull to WOW!
- Look for the kind of ornaments that come in packs to help match the color scheme you want, and also to get the look your going for.
- Metallic ornaments such as mercury glass, will always go great with whatever theme you are going for. And if you change up the look of your tree, these will sure to go with the new theme as well.
- When buying ornaments make sure to get different sizes and variety. This will help give your Christmas tree dimension and draw the eye to the tree.
The type of lights you chose for your tree are critical. Lighting is what will make or break your tree. Using big huge C7 are in the past. Use the smaller lights and it will really make your tree shine. For a really stunning glow, add different light sets in and up and down pattern. Going around the tree isn’t always as easy. It doesn’t matter what color you chose, whether it’s brightly colored reds and greens, or just blue. If your having a hard time deciding. You can never go wrong with clear lights.
Time To Add The Trimmings
After getting your lighting perfect, it’s time for the fun stuff. If your reaching for those ornaments…STOP! We need to add the ribbon or garlands you have chosen for your tree. Make sure to weave them in and out of the tree. This will create a beautiful backdrop for your ornaments.
Placing The Tree Topper
The days of choosing between a star and angel are long gone. Although they are still my favorite. Today you can put almost anything on top. I had a friend who put a Kermit the Frog hand puppet on top of their tree, It was actually pretty awesome. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Have fun with it. Here are some ideas to help you chose what you want.
- Big Ribbons
Finally Time To Add The Ornaments
The best part of the whole process. Hip Hip Hooray! Add your ornaments carefully and delicately. Add them in the inside and outside of the tree. This will give it a more uniformed look, and help bridge a lot of gaps in the branches. Remember ornaments don’t always need to be bulbs. Think outside the box and add photo frames, Giant lollipops, cinnamon sticks. Whatever you feel will help make your tree pop and uniquely yours.