What to Do with Your Unused Dining Room…Besides Eating Dinner
We all want to make our lives simpler. Here are some great tips and tricks for your kbhome you can try out:
- To make a bottle of pop/juice/cider cold in 15 min, just wrap it in a wet towel and stick in the freezer. Don’t forget you put it in there, because you don’t want it to explode. The best way to not forget something like that is to set a kitchen timer or a reminder on your phone.
- Iron your t-shirts with ice cubes by throwing a couple of ice cubes in the dryer with a wrinkled t-shirt for 5 minutes and you’ll be impressed with the results.
- Stack your clothing in your drawers vertically instead of horizontally to save space and save time looking for things.
- Place a cup of water in the microwave with leftover pizza when you’re reheating it, it’ll help keep the crust from being soggy.
- Use the dishwasher to clean plastic toys. It’s a great way to clean a lot with a little effort.
- White bread works well for picking up broken glass along with all the little pieces you can’t really see.
- Use an old sock on your hand to clean blinds fast and efficiently.
- Toothpaste is a great way to clean your headlights and make them look sparkly clean.
- Repurpose an old crib into a child’s desk by removing one side, taking out the mattress, and replacing it with a pre-cut board.
- Use a cupcake pan for condiments at a BBQ.
Here is a schedule of how often things in your home should be washed:
- Windows should be cleaned twice a year both inside and out. If you have little children whose fingers can reach certain windows in your home you might need to do it more often, or just when you’re having company come over.
- Pillows should be washed every three to six weeks. Put the wash on gentle and run it through the rinse cycle twice, followed by clean tennis balls in the dryer to help fluff the pillows.
- Sheets should be washed once a week in hot water followed by a hot dryer. This will keep dust mites at bay which can trigger allergies and eczema.
Images courtesy of complex.com, eatcraftparent, kreativnaplaneta, and americleaninc