If you have an old mattress that you would like to get rid of, there are more things to do with it than to just let it waste away in a landfill. Here are some things that you can do with your old mattress.
1. Sell it. If your mattress is fairly new, clean and in good condition, selling your mattress to a friend or at a yard sale is a convenient and environmentally friendly solution.
2. Along those lines, donating your mattress to Goodwill or donating to a homeless shelter is a kind thing to do. People who cannot afford a new mattress would love to have it.
3. Reuse it around the house (or yard). Those who have children know how rough playtime can get. Having an old mattress around will cushion falls and reduce injuries. It is also a great idea to place old mattresses under backyard playgrounds or a jungle gym.
4. Give it away. Giving your mattress away to others living in your home is also a kind thing to do. If you have an older child living in your home, they may appreciate sleeping on a mattress that is new (to them).
5. Recycle it. Did you know that there are recycling centers that cater to mattresses? Although not all mattresses are accepted, it is worth looking into.
After you have disposed of your old mattress, it will be a good time to pick out a new one from Sleepys!