Spending a holiday in KB Homes with your family or a loved one can be the most fun. Easter is an awesome time to be with friends and family. Here are some timeless ideas for some fun and religious activities you can do.
- Decorate hard boiled eggs
- Enjoy your Easter Sunday Church service
- Fill Easter Baskets and hide them for loved ones to find
- Conduct an Easter Egg Hunt in your backyard
- Prepare a special Easter Dinner, typically ham, potato dish, salad and rolls
Other Ideas for Traditions:
1. Easter Tree
Designate either an indoor tree (even a fake tree will do) or one in your yard and decorate it with eggs.
2. Jelly Bean Prayer Jar
Help your kids understand the true meaning of Easter with a jar of jelly beans and this cute note saying what each color represents and how they can earn each bean. See more here.
- Red – for the blood Jesus Christ gave for us. Every day, choose something you can sacrifice to earn the red jelly bean.
- Yellow – for the light of Jesus Christ. Show kindness to someone today to earn the yellow jelly bean.
- Black (or blue) – symbolizes sweet rest during the night. Earn this bean by going to bed without a fuss.
- Green – Represents the cool shade of the palm leaves. Do good deeds to earn a green bean.
- Orange – for nighttime and morning prayers. Be sure to say your night and morning prayers to earn an orange bean.
- Pink – stands for forgiveness and each day a new beginning. Earn a pink bean when you forgive someone who has hurt your, even if they don’t apologize.
- Purple – is for the sorrow that Jesus Christ endured. Earn a purple bean by apologizing to someone who you may have hurt by something you did or said.
3. Create an Easter Garden
See how to here. It’s fun to make and on Easter morning you can remove the figure and see the sign “He is Risen” for your kids to see.