From the moment you pick out your furniture to the moment you hang up your artwork, you are the designer and creator of your own home style. Although everyone’s decorative tastes are different and unique there are some aspects found in every home design that are tattle tales of the homeowner’s personality. In today’s home designs there are four major categories of decorating styles that almost every person draws from to create their own special look. Some designers may even include a mix of two or more of these styles to perfect their personal design. To keep things simple, however, we will focus on these four main decorating styles and tell you what they say about your personality.
If you are a traditional home decorator then:
- You have a deep love for history and culture.
- You cherish memories and people and you know by heart the story behind each of your antique furnishings and decorative pieces.
- You are fascinated by your own ancestral background as well as the rich culture of others.
- You are a treasure hunter and a collector of some form of art.
- While you may or may not be the cleanest homemaker, you are certainly one of the most intriguing and that’s why so many people love to come and visit you.
If the contemporary design is the one that calls to you then:
- You are a person who sincerely appreciates the fashion industry.
- You are not afraid to splurge on the newest and latest trends and styles, including your own wardrobe.
- Keeping up appearances is very important to you and you enjoy constant change.
- You are an adventurer and you probably love moving from place to place and traveling around the world.
- You are probably very social and enjoy making friends everywhere you go.
- That being said you may also be a fantastic party host.
If you consider yourself a modern home designer then:
- You have a very organized and artistic personality.
- You may or may not be a clean freak, but the sleekness of your furniture and decorative pieces show that you are very good at maintaining a spotless home.
- You are probably either a modern art collector or you enjoy creating your own modern art. Either way, you like to make your home look an exhibit.
- You probably cleave unto consistency and enjoy having everything in your life just so.
- You may not be a social butterfly but your pickiness pays off when you have the most loyal of best friends in your life.
If you are a person who just wants it all, then you may be a transitional decorator.
- You like to mix the old with the new, which probably means that you get along with people of all ages.
- Although you like to keep up with the times, financial gain isn’t always very kind to you.
- However, your creative ingenuity allows you to find great bargains and make your furniture pieces and décor.
- You are resourceful and clever.
- You think outside the box and probably often come up with solutions to problems that no one else has thought of.
Whether you are sleek and chic, organized and artistic, culturally rich or resourceful and clever, your home design says it all. On top of showing off your home to your house guests you also get to show off a bit of your personality with it. Now that you’ve picked up on it in your own home you can have fun seeing the personality traits of your friends inside their home designs as well.
Picture sources: imgbuddy, deco-en-nuances, houzz, gabbyhome