Change the entire look of any room with an Oriental or Persian rug. Rugs have graced walls of palaces, and museums for centuries. Today carpets are the focal point of living rooms, dining rooms, and bedrooms.
A carpet hung over the center of the living room incorporates the colors of the room, while creating a warm and friendly atmosphere for anyone who enters. Hanging a rug behind the bed creates a dramatic effect. Some people hang rugs in the entrance-way behind a cozy bench inviting guests to stay a bit before entering your home.
If you are moving into a new home and starting from scratch, you can design a whole room around one beautiful carpet. Use the colors within the carpet to choose the theme of your furniture. Silk Oriental rugs have beautiful scenery or exotic animals that add splendor to your home. Persian rugs have fine floral or geometric motifs that create a striking effect in any room.
Find an area for your carpet that does not have direct sunlight; the UV rays tend to fade carpet over time. Additionally, avoid hanging carpets over heaters, vent, or humidifiers. These can cause dryness, or mildew. Finally, do not use a carpet that is too heavy as it will get damaged over time.
Your Milwaukee Rugs experts recommend Velcro mounting. It is the most modern method used today and will keep your carpet flat for the long haul. The following is an example of how to use Velcro to mount your carpet.
1. Purchase Velcro tape that is 2-inch wide and as long as your rug.
2. Buy unbleached muslin at the fabric store, which you can cut and hem for both sides; it has to be a half-inch, wider and longer than your Velcro. The muslin will keep your carpet from staining.
3. Sew the Velcro to the middle of hemmed muslin; you should have one carpet piece to one wall piece.
4. Next, sew the remaining muslin strips along the edges of rug with carpet thread, matching the color using a whipstitch.
5. With a staple gun, staple one set of muslin with Velcro to a flat piece of treated wood approximately three inches wide.
6. Mount wood on the wall, with screws using a drill.
7. Press rug firmly to the wood strip
That is all and you are done! Invite your friends over to a house warming party, and enjoy the view.
Persian Rugs Milwaukee: http://www.persianrug-gallery.com/rug-gallery/8×10-rugs.php